1. How do I sign up for camp? Signing up for camp could not be any easier! Just sign up online using a credit card! Online applications require a $150.00 NON REFUNDABLE deposit. When going to the online sign up page, be sure to have your credit card handy as well as insurance/medical info. All forms are filled out quickly on line!
2. When do these camps fill up? Every camp is different but last Summer all camps were filled by early June. Don't wait and get left out!
3. Which airports can I fly into for camp? For the camps held in Virginia, the Roanoke Regional Airport is only 5 miles from camp. In New York, Stewart International is 30 miles from camp. Cleveland International Airport for Ohio Goalie School. Melbourne International (closest) and Palm Beach International Airport are used for the Florida Goalie School.
4. How do I get from the airport to camp? Email and let Coach Pilat know your flight times at least 1 week prior to camp and someone from his staff will pick you up at baggage claim on the first day of each camp. There is a small fee for this service. The Florida campers will make individual arrangements with Vero Beach Shuttle or Nice Guys Limo. Be sure to read the flying instructions on this site for more details!
5. What do I need to bring to camp? Once you are registered, you will receive a confirmation note (All correspondence will be via e-mail) detailing what to bring with you. A sample confirmation note is available on this website for each camp.
6. What level player comes to these camps? All levels are welcome, but campers need to have their own equipment to attend. Each camp groups according to age, skill level and experience.
7. When is Check in and Check out at camp? Check in is on the first day of camp between 3-5 and camp ends on the last day at 12 noon.
8. What is a typical day at camp like? Campers are on the field 3 times per day with meals in the dining hall in between. There is also rest time, coaches talks, film sessions and free time for swimming, tennis and checking out the camp stores.
9. I need to buy some equipment, is there a lax store at camp? YES! Pittsburgh Lacrosse, one of the largest suppliers of lacrosse equipment, will be at camp for the entire time with equipment, clothing and other lax items!
10. Can I bring some teammates with me to camp? Of course! You can request your roommate (2 per room) and some camps even have a discount for 10 or more from one team if they are sent in at the same time in one envelope.
11. Is there a health form required for camp? No, except for campers going to the NY location. Any campers filling out information online when signing up for camp do not need to fill out any further medical information (except for NY Goalie School campers - a doctors signature is required on the Health form for this camp).
12. How do I order the Goalie Instructional DVD? Either print the camp application and send the fee to Coach Pilat or order online. If you are attending a goalie camp, you will be handed the video/dvd when you arrive at camp. The price of $33.00 includes shipping and handling.
13. What coaches will be at the camp? Coach Pilat has many coaches who have been with him for many years at his camps. All coaches working camp are selected in May and June. Because of the quality of these camps, many coaches return each year to Coach Pilat's camps.
14. Is there a waiting list if a camp is full? Coach Pilat will not keep a waiting list if a camp is full. Camps will be slightly overbooked in order to account for last minute cancellations. No spaces will be saved for camp through telephone, email or faxes. Online registration will notify campers when a session is full.
15. Can I talk to Coach Pilat about camp before I arrive? You can send Coach Pilat your mailing address and any questions you have by using the space below or via email. You can send Coach Pilat an email by clicking here. or filling out info below. Coach Pilat answers all of his emails personally and this is the best way to contact him.